The internship for 2018 is closed. Please check back in January, 2019 for information about the next internship!
Colorado Independent CattleGrowers Association Joel Franz Memorial Internship
The Colorado Independent CattleGrowers Association (CICA) established an internship program in 2008 in memory of Joel Franz to honor him for his dedication to CICA, R-CALF USA and Kansas Cattlemen’s Association. Mr. Franz was a strong believer in private property rights and a strong advocate of youth participation in agriculture. The Colorado Independent CattleGrowers Association was started in June 2005 to actively promote policy that will beneficially affect the live cattle industry at the local, state and national level, securing and preserving a viable livelihood for present and future generations. The Association shall serve to support the financial, environmental, cultural and historical interests of independent cattle producers throughout Colorado and across America.
The internship provides $1,000.00 to one applicant that meets the criteria and shows enthusiasm towards the success of the cattle industry. The internship is an eight-week, work from home program that will take place throughout June and July. The intern will be expected to assist the convention committee in organizing and planning the annual convention; prepare and send news releases to media; assist the secretary with duties; market and promote membership; and attend conference call meetings. A bonus can be offered upon successful completion of the program for intern’s work ethic and enthusiasm towards CICA.
Guidelines for Application
- Open to anyone 18 years or older, as of June 1.
- Graduating high school senior or current college student eligible.
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
Application Materials Required:
- Application form with dates and signatures and one wallet sized photo.
- Official copy of the most recent high school or college transcript signed by school officials.
- A maximum of two letters of recommendation:
- Academic advisor, school official or teacher.
- Employer, 4-H leader, FFA advisor, or community member.
Administration and Selection:
Applications will be reviewed by the CICA Internship Committee and the Franz family. Application materials must be postmarked or delivered by May 1st to:
Attention: Janell Reid
6245 State Road 71
Ordway, CO 81063