RCALF-USA Convention Memorial Scholarship
CICA has been built with help and support from families with a passion for the independent ranching business and way of life. To that end we have created a memorial scholarship to attend the annual R-CALF USA convention. Three long time members that have left us in the last two years are the foundation for this scholarship. Bill Bledsoe of Hugo, Jay Jolly of Hugo, and Kimmi Lewis of La Junta are the members who were cornerstones for CICA and in whose honor we are creating this scholarship.
The scholarship is a little different from most in that it is intended to help a member of CICA and R-CALF USA get to national convention. This scholarship honors the three members who helped form CICA and also who believed in the work of R-CALF as their national organization. This award pays tribute to these members by aiding a young CICA member with financial support to attend the R-CALF convention with the goal of training and inspiring future leaders for CICA.
- Must be an R-CALF USA member 20-40 years old who has never attended an R-CALF convention.
- Must be a voting member of CICA.
- Applicants actively involved in some aspect of beef production will be given preference.
- Write a short essay (300 words or less) explaining why you joined R-CALF USA and why the organization is important to you.
- Submit essay to Gerald Schreiber at email@example.com
- The deadline for submitting applications is June 30, 2020.
- One scholarship of $750, which will pay for registration, room, and some travel.
- The winner will be announced at CICA Annual Convention, July 17, 2020.
- R-CALF USA convention is in Deadwood, South Dakota on August 19-21, 2020.